Making a Halloween pizza is faster and easier than you think. With only a few ingredients anyone can quickly serve up a hot slice of spookiness this Halloween season. Halloween pizza can be whipped up using a ready baked crust, pre-made pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese sticks and a few large olives using our recipe. However, the more experienced cook can elevate our Spiderweb pizza recipe by using homemade pizza dough, homemade pizza sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese.
Halloween Pizza Ideas
Whatever your experience level is in the kitchen, don’t be afraid to try out these spooky Halloween pizza ideas this holiday season. The recipe below will describe how to make a simple Halloween pizza using basic ingredients.
Halloween Pizza Spider Web
- 1 Pre-Baked Pizza Crust (Your preferred brand)
- 1 Jar Pizza Sauce (Your preferred brand)
- 4-6 Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks or Shredded Mozzarella (I prefer shredded Mozzarella)
- 3 Large Black Olives (3 for each spider)
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce over the top of crust. Add as little or as much pizza sauce as you want.
To Create The Web
- If Using String Cheese Sticks: Cut the mozzarella sticks in half lengthwise and then take each piece and cut them in half again. (You can also use your fingers to pull the cheese into thin strips.) Place the cheese strips in the shape of a large + on your pizza. Next place cheese strips in a large X shape overlapping the +.
- Now use the remaining cheese strips to create a "spider web" shaped circle around the outside of your Halloween pizza. You may need to cut a cheese strip to fit into the "web". Next make a smaller circle towards the middle of the pizza cutting the strips as needed.
- If Using Shredded Mozzarella Cheese: Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese in a large circle towards the outer edge of your Halloween pizza. Leave a gap of pizza sauce between the crust and your cheese web. Next make a smaller circle of shredded cheese more towards the center of your Halloween pizza. Now finish off the "spider web" by sprinkling the cheese in a straight line down the middle of your pizza both horizontally and vertically. (Like a plus sign + ) Add more straight lines as needed until the Halloween pizza webbing looks good to you. You can also add a circle of shredded cheese on the crust for extra flavor (see picture).
Making The Spider
- Each spider will use 3 of your large olives. First use an entire olive for the body and set it on your pizza. Next slice off the closed tip half of an olive and place that on your Halloween pizza as the head. Take the third olive, cut it in half lengthwise and cut each half into slivers to make the spider legs.
- Bake pizza for around 8 - 10 minutes at 400 degrees, or until the cheese melts. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Halloween Pizza Tips
• Add a layer of pepperoni on top of the pizza sauce before placing your cheese webbing for a Halloween Pepperoni Pizza.
• Make Halloween pizza bites or mini pizzas by using bagel crisps or mini pizza crusts.
Make It Your Own
The great thing about this recipe is that you can add and improve on it, without causing flavor issues. If you want to make your own dough and add some fresh basil, go ahead! Feel free to put your favorite toppings on top. However, you will need to place the mozzarella “webbing” over your toppings if you want it to show up well.
Another option is to just sprinkle mozzarella cheese like normal and then place olive spiders all over for a creepy touch. Go ahead- be creative and use our Halloween pizza recipe as a guide to get your own spooky ideas flowing.
→ Want more Halloween recipes? Check out our Simple Caramel Apple Guide.