Eyeball Pasta Recipe
You can customize this eyeball pasta recipe by using any type of spinach pasta noodles you want. The eyeballs can also be varied in size and number for kids or adults.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 People
- 1 Package (12 Oz) Green Spinach Pasta - Can be linguine, spaghetti or any pasta you enjoy. Barilla Veggie Rotini's are green and easy to find in many stores.
- 1 Jar (24 Oz) Classico Tomato and Basil Sauce You can use any sauce you enjoy.
- 1 8 Oz Galbani Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Can Black Olives, Pitted
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Optional
Making Eyeball Pasta
Prepare the pasta and sauce according to the directions on the package and jar.
While cooking pasta and sauce, begin making the eyeballs.
Slice the Mozzarella cheese and cut into circles for the whites of eyes. You can make them all the same size or use different sized circles for some of the eyes.
Cut two tips off each black olive. One tip will be used for each eyeball at the center of the cheese circle.
Optional: Slice red circles out of the bell pepper and put them on top of each piece of cheese. Then place an olive tip centered on top of the pepper for effect. (See pic)
Preparing Eyeball Pasta
Drain cooked pasta and place on serving platter. Add the sauce starting at the center of the platter.
Place a circle of cheese on the pasta wherever you want the eyeballs to be positioned.
Next, place an olive tip centered on top of each piece of cheese.
Serve and enjoy!